Friday 15 June 2018

My Owl Art

My Owl Art
To make my painting is...  Water strength, Cartridge paper and paint. ( The type of paint is Chromactryl)

1) I copied a native NZ Owl into my art book then I got a piece of Cartridge paper and copied it in a big version on my good paper.

2) After that I drew the background of my bird.

3) Then when I finished drawing the background I painted the background, I needed it to be my best! Then When I finished painting the background and it finished drying, I painted the bird. Ms Sands said that it had the be the most main part of the picture and it had to stand out of the painting.

 My Reaction to my work.

I like my painting because i think I worked hard at it and I was patient with it so it looks nice, but I do not like the eyes of my bird because they are badly smudged. I think what I can do to improve is to ask Ms Sands before I do anything to my painting. What I cant change but I would change next time is that I would change my bird to a different bird.

Here is my picture

After, Mrs.Sands said to find a friend to check your work and tell you their opinion.
This is my friends opinion....
Chimay: It stands out it has bright colours and it is big and bold.
Something that you should change next time is maybe the sun because there are white gaps in the yellow and maybe add more detail to the bird.

Overall I think that I did a really good job because I have never painted like that before.
But I could have never done it without help!










7 comments:

  1. Great art.I like how the sun is shining across the sea.And I also like how the owl is standing in front of the sea.Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katie! my name is Mia from Yaldhurst Model School, I really like this post because you have added the steps you have taken to make this piece of art. The way that you have added in the reflection of the moon is very effective and stands out in the dark background. How long did you work on your artwork for?

    Awesome work!
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks Mia, it took me about three days to finish it completely!

      Delete
  3. Hi there Katie,
    I'm Nikita from Yaldhurst Model School
    Your blog post caught my eye with all the art and beautiful colours.
    I would love to see more of this work and artistic work from you what I did is made a slide and put all my art and pictures on it but I never got a chance to post it.

    ~Nikita~

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi katie im corbin from yaldhurst model school and I like the way you added so much detail in your painting and it looks great you mite become an artist in the futcher and I love the sun set kind regards corbin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey there Katie, my name is Parwin and I am a year 7 from Yaldhurst Model School. I really liked your owl art that you made in the end and it is great that you wrote the steps because if anybody is inspired then they can read the steps and do it. This reminded me when I tried painting an owl but it ended up looking like a pigeon. I don't know what you can d to improve your blog post because you did an amazing blog post! How long did it take you and if you could do that again, would you change anything?



    Looking forward to your next posts,
    Parwin

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.